The workshop making herbal ointments is intended for those who would like nourish and treat the skin in a natural way, using herbs. At the workshop you will gain a basic and an in-depth knowledge of making traditional and quality herbal ointments. After this workshop, you will be able to create your own recipe and create for yourself and others the most appropriate and effective herbal ointment.
TOPICS OF THE WORKSHOP MAKING HERBAL OINTMENTS:
- Various vegetable oils, their properties and effects on the skin,
- plant and bee waxes, and their use,
- essential oils and their use in ointments,
- Which herbs are suitable for making ointments, how they look, when and how to use them,
- The use of other natural supplements in an ointment for example. honey, resin, clay, …
In workshop we will make together 3 different herbal ointments. Selection of ointments can be adapted to the wishes of the group. Usually we make basic herbal ointment on the basis of olive oil, nourishing ointment with herbs based on coconut oil and honey lip balm. We also look over how to make the resin ointment.
Each participant receives samples (30ml) of all three ointments made and material with basic information and recipes for ointments made at the workshop.
Duration: Approx. 3 hours.
Workshop is led by Monika and Tomaž Mulej
Contribution: presumably EUR 40 (depending on the location and the organizer)
The price for oranisations is negotiable.